- This event has passed.
Mindfulness for Health Professionals — Foundations of Theory and Practice
November 29, 2019 @ 8:30 am - December 1, 2019 @ 12:30 pm$325.00 – $695.00
Join us in beautiful Comox Valley, BC on Vancouver Island for this Foundations workshop which explores the theory and practice of mindfulness and meditation for health care professionals such as nurses, physicians, physical therapists, social workers, mental health counsellors and other allied health practitioners. During our three day workshop we will explore the unique challenges of health care and learn tools of stress management, self care and resilience to bring into our personal and professional lives.
The objectives of this workshop include:
1)To understand the definition of mindfulness and how its formal and informal practice can reduce suffering in ourselves, in our relationships, and in our patients/clients.
2) To understand the current clinical and neuroscientific evidence of mindfulness in relation to anxiety disorders, depression, chronic pain and other common clinical conditions
3) To explore the epidemic of stress, particularly in relation to the unique challenges and opportunities of being a health practitioner
4) To learn and practice the applications of mindfulness and self-compassion skills such as the body scan, three minute breathing space, walking meditation, mindfulness meditation and metta meditation for use in personal and clinical practice
This three day, 12 hour workshop will take place at the Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa in Royston, BC. Workshop half days will take place from 8:30am-12:30pm in order to leave plenty of time to embody your mindfulness practices as you explore the area. On site spa, skiing, hiking trails, and ocean kayaking are some of the recreation opportunities that await you!
A block of discounted rooms is available at the Kingfisher Oceanside Resort. Please call and quote this workshop.
- Tuition for health professionals $465
- Tuition for physicians $695
- Tuition for health care students/interns $325
Tuition includes breakfasts, snacks, manual, guided meditations and facilitation for three days. This workshop has a 30 person limit and is eligible for Mainpro Plus 12 credits. For further questions please connect with Mark through our Contact page.
*Refund Policy: You will receive a refund of your tuition, minus a $150.00 processing fee, up to 30 days prior to the start of a workshop.