- This event has passed.
Mindfulness in Medicine for Physicians and their Partners in Brentwood Bay
December 1, 2017 - December 3, 2017
***THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL. PLEASE CONSIDER OUR APRIL 2018 OFFERING****
Learn mindfulness skills for your personal and professional development
Join us in beautiful Brentwood Bay, BC for this Foundations workshop which explores the theory and practice of mindfulness and meditation for physicians and for their partners/spouses. We will explore the unique challenges of medicine and learn tools of stress management, communication and self care to bring into our personal and professional lives. Partners and spouses are welcome to attend all of the sessions in order to share the understanding of these challenges and to share in the development of mindfulness tools.
The objectives of this workshop include:
1)To understand the definition of mindfulness and how its formal and informal practice can reduce suffering in ourselves, in our relationships, and in our patients.
2) To understand the current clinical and neuroscientific evidence of mindfulness in relation to anxiety disorders, depression, chronic pain and other common clinical conditions
3) To explore the epidemic of stress, particularly in relation to the unique challenges and opportunities of being a physician
4) To learn and practice the application of mindfulness skills such as the body scan, three minute breathing space, walking meditation and mindfulness meditation on the breath for use in personal and clinical practice
This three day (16 hour) workshop will take place at the award winning Brentwood Bay Resort and Spa on the Saanich Peninsula outside of Victoria, BC. The workshop will run Friday evening, 7-10pm, and then 9am-4pm Saturday and Sunday. Tapas on Friday evening, as well as snacks and lunch will be provided over the weekend days.
A block of discounted rooms is available at Brentwood Bay Resort. Please use the code 129622 to receive our discounted rate.
- Tuition for Physicians/NP’s$950 (Early Bird Rate of $825 before Sept 1, 2017)
- Tuition for non-physician partners/spouses $745
- Tuition for Medical Students/Residents$745
This workshop has a 30 person limit. To register your place, please connect with Mark through our Contact page.
*Refund Policy: You will receive a refund of your tuition, minus a $100.00 processing fee, up to 30 days prior to the start of a workshop.