- This event has passed.
Mindfulness in Medicine at Tofino April 2017
April 27, 2017 - April 30, 2017
Foundations of Theory and Practice
For Physicians and their Spouses
32 Mainpro plus group learning credits
Learn mindfulness skills for yourself and your patients, just steps from the stunning wild beaches of Vancouver Island’s West Coast….
Join us in beautiful Tofino, BC for this Foundations workshop which explores the theory and practice of mindfulness and meditation for physicians and for their spouses/partners. We will explore the unique challenges of medicine and learn tools of stress management, communication and self care to bring into our personal and professional lives.
1) The objectives of this workshop include:To understand the definition of mindfulness and how its formal and informal practice can reduce suffering in ourselves, in our relationships, and in our patients.
2) To understand the current clinical and neuroscientific evidence of mindfulness in relation to anxiety disorders, depression, chronic pain and other common clinical conditions
3) To explore the epidemic of stress, particularly in relation to the unique challenges and opportunities of being a physician
4) To learn and practice the application of mindfulness skills such as the body scan, three minute breathing space, walking meditation and mindfulness meditation on the breath for use in personal and clinical practice
This four day workshop will take place at Long Beach Lodge Resort on the incomparable Cox Bay beach. Workshop half days will take place from 8am-12pm in order to leave plenty of time to explore the area! On site surf lessons and gear rentals; wildlife watching tours and hiking trails are just some of the recreation opportunities that await you!
A block of discounted rooms is available at Long Beach Lodge Resort. Please use the code 1704MINDFUL to receive our discounted rate. Cox Bay Beach Resort , Pacific Sands Resort and Tofino Vacation Rentals are alternate nearby accommodations.
- Tuition for Physicians/NP’s$950
- Tuition for Medical Students/Residents$795
- Tuition for Spouses/Partners$750
This workshop has a 30 person limit to register your place, please reach out to Mark through our Contact page.
You can also read more about our Mindfulness in Medicine course.
*Refund Policy: You will receive a refund of your tuition, minus a $100.00 processing fee, up to 30 days prior to the start of a workshop.