- This event has passed.
Mindfulness in Health Care — Foundations of Theory and Practice
March 9, 2018 - March 12, 2018$425.00 – $795.00
Mindfulness in Health Care — Foundations of Theory and Practice.
Mainpro plus — 16 credits (for physicians)
Join us at the beautiful Tigh Na Mara resort in Parksville, BC on Vancouver Island for this Foundations workshop which explores the theory and practice of mindfulness and meditation for health care professionals such as nurses, physicians, physical therapists, social workers, mental health counsellors and other allied health practitioners. We will explore the unique challenges of health care and learn tools of stress management, communication and self care to bring into our personal and professional lives.
The objectives of this workshop include:
1)To understand the definition of mindfulness and how its formal and informal practice can reduce suffering in ourselves, in our relationships, and in our patients/clients.
2) To understand the current clinical and neuroscientific evidence of mindfulness in relation to anxiety disorders, depression, chronic pain and other common clinical conditions
3) To explore the epidemic of stress, particularly in relation to the unique challenges and opportunities of being a health practitioner
4) To learn and practice the application of mindfulness skills such as the body scan, three minute breathing space, walking meditation and mindfulness meditation on the breath for use in personal and clinical practice
This four day 16 hour workshop will take place at Tigh Na Mara Resort in Parksville, BC. Workshop half days will take place from 8am-12pm in order to leave plenty of time to explore the area. On site spa, hiking trails, beaches and Mt Washington ski resort are some of the recreation opportunities that await you!
A block of discounted rooms is available at Tigh Na Mara. Please use the code 10M215 to receive our discounted rate.
- Tuition for health professionals $545
- Tuition for physicians $695
- Tuition for health care students/interns $425
Tuition includes breakfast, snacks, manual, guided meditations and facilitation for four days. This workshop has a 35 person limit. To register your place, please connect with Mark through our Contact page.
You can also read more about our Mindfulness in Health Care courses.
*Refund Policy: You will receive a refund of your tuition, minus a $100.00 processing fee, up to 30 days prior to the start of a workshop.