***Unfortunately we have had to cancel this event due to scheduling challenges. We will offer another Mindful Parenting session in the Fall 2018**
How do we take care of ourselves in the midst of the challenges (and blessings) of parenthood? When we are able to remain wakeful and present in the midst of stressful situations, we are better able to connect with our children and to speak and behave from a place of kindness, skill and care. Join Dr. Mark Sherman for this interactive and practical workshop, exploring the role of mindfulness in parenting.
During this 6 hour workshop we will explore:
- how and why we get triggered by our child’s behaviors
- the stress response through a lens of mindfulness
- how to transition from our work/life busyness in order to connect with our child
- the role of mindful boundaries and consequences
- practical ‘on the go’ tips to bring mindfulness into mealtimes, car rides and conversations
- how we take care of ourselves even as we take care of our family
- several meditation skills in order to create a practice of self care and presence.
Dr. Mark Sherman is a dad, a mindfulness/meditation teacher, and family physician who teaches mindfulness based stress management.